At IMAS Foundation, we work with full transparency and reject greenwashing. In doing so:
- We prioritise the wellbeing of people and our planet without compromising return or liquidity.
- We partner with fund managers who share our values.
- We seek out sustainable businesses and companies that have both a robust performance record and follow a clear transition path towards sustainability.
- We’re in it for the long haul and provide patient capital. Where possible we commit ourselves to funds with a long horizon. Most of our infrastructure fund commitments are for 20 to 25 years.
- By 2024 we expect our energy transition investments to reach €1 billion. We’re interested not only in operational infrastructure assets but also in greenfield investments (e.g. Asper).
- We implement decarbonisation strategies across our portfolio. In our listed equity portfolio this can have two dimensions: 1. Funds that allocate capital towards resource efficient companies (e.g. Osmosis Resource Efficient Core Equity Fund); 2. Funds that invest in sustainable solutions (e.g. Ninety One Global Environment). In the non-listed portfolio we also look for investments that enable a transformation of hard-to-abate sectors (e.g. Just Climate or Northvolt). Read more here.
- We aim to achieve significantly lower sustainability footprints than the benchmarks for our passive investments in, for example, index funds.
- We focus on alternative energy, resource efficiency and waste reduction across all sectors.